Episode 11 – Aiming High to Build Locally!
In episode 11, I interview Tony DeSaro and Billy Dickensheets of 3DMentional Entertainment – a promotions company focused on bringing new and exciting electronic music events to Dayton, OH. Tony and Billy have excellent synergy, having originally come into the “scene” from different angles (one from the music side and the other from the party side).
They meet in the middle to throw shows that Dayton is not used to seeing these days… bringing in bigger names, focusing on programming and progression of a night, and providing upper-tier production. values. They have loads of advice and inspiration, and I’m super excited to share it with you!
In this episode, we talk about:
- The differences in throwing shows now vs. 10 years ago
- The differences in the scene in Dayton vs. a place like Detroit
- How 3DM is working to set their brand apart
- Advantages & disadvantages of booking big names in small towns
- How much work it is to put together events like this
- The importance of collaboration
- Tony’s approach to DJing
- What 3DM wishes DJs would do more and less of
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
And don’t forget to submit your questions for the next episode!