Episode 13 – Happy New Year!
Happy 2015!! In this special (read: impromptu) edition of the Passionate DJ Podcast, I help 6 of my most valued listeners get answers (‘resolutions’) to their questions. Thanks to Raymond, Ian, Brian, Thiago, Joseph and Alex for submitting voicemails!
If you’d like to submit a question for the podcast, you can leave them at PassionateDJ.com/ask!
In this episode, I help our listeners answer:
- How to better organize your music library and maintain energy
- The importance (or not) of harmonic mixing
- If and when a DJ should invest in high-end sound
- How to turn DJing into a legit business
- How to play more underground/non-commercial gigs
- What I think a “real DJ” is
Interesting happenings in 2014:
- Pioneer DJ releases a “CD-less CDJ”, shortly after the company was sold to KKR for $551 million
- Screens appear on controllers (Kontrol S8, Numark NV)
- Lots of SoundCloud controversy
- DDJ-SZ shows us what a “pro-grade” controller looks like
- Reloop’s Beatpad provides viable iPad DJing solution
- Virtual DJ offers free “universal” DVS engine.
Here’s to a happy and healthy 2015!