What we gonna do right here for Episode 113 is go back. WAY BACK. Back in to time…
Ten years ago. Sounds like a long time, doesn’t it? Well, David and Trip take a look back and see how much different everything was:
- 2007 marked the beginning of the mobile revolution. Apple announced the iPhone, and since then, mobile technology has drastically changed the definition of a phone. As DJs, there’s so many apps and ways for our devices to help us DJ, now…all thanks to the advancement of smartphone technology.
- DJ Mag’s Top 100 is saturated in trance and rife with voting controversy.
- Beatport’s Top 9 selling tracks in 2007 indicates the dominance of electro-house in the years before dubstep domination.
- Daft Punk releases Alive in 2007 (which went on to win a Grammy in 2009).
- Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five were inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Pioneer launched the DJM-700 and the CDJ-400, Technics put out a super-limited run of 1000 SL-1200MK6, Vestax released the first serious DJ controller (VCI-100), and among several other hardware releases from Behringer, Xone, Korg, and others, the Innofader drops on to the market.
- Traktor Scratch comes in to being after splitting off from Final Scratch.
- Beyonce topped the charts in 2007, but the much of the top 20 was saturated by the likes of Akon, Timbaland, Fergie, while Rhianna and others were solidifying their superstar status, as well.