For Episode 114, we get real. We’ve dug up some clips of world-famous DJs and then dissected their own words to discuss how it applies to the rest of us. It’s not all glitz and glam, despite these people being where they are, and they all have some very unique insight due to their experiences as mega-stars of the DJ community.
- Carl Cox (Grammy.com 2014) talks about the legacy of EDM, and supporting up-and-comers.
- Richie Hawtin (Red Bull Music Academy 2013) discusses feeling “lost”.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff (DJCityTV 2013) talks about the evolution of the industry, and staying relevant.
- Z-Trip (Sway in the Morning 2013) on preservation of the craft of DJing.
- Sasha (The Edge Video Magazine 1992) speaks to the most important aspect of the club in an old-school clip.
- Seth Troxler (FACTmagazine 2014) talks about the idea of “the underground”.
- Nina Kraviz (K7 Records – DJ Kicks feature, 2015) talks about being “in the moment” of a DJ mix (and crate-digging).
During the episode, we also review some feedback from Episode 112, the Ambassador Program, and provide some marketing insight to a listener in Nirobi, Kenya.
Also, if you liked the clip of Trip Turlington’s track “Get Real”, released on Base Industry Records, and want to support, you can purchase it at Beatport or any of your favorite online digital music distributors.