Springing Forward (Ep. 197)
On today's episode we talk about the latest news and happenings in the DJ industry in the past month or two, starting with COVID-19 and its potential effect on the festival scene. We move on from that after about 10 minutes, and talk about things that you aren't already tired of.
It may seem weird that I’ve decided to focus on festivals and clubs. After all, in the grand scheme of things, one’s ability to party isn’t exactly top of the list of emergencies. But, I’m sure you’re all aware of the general state of things, so there’s no reason for me to restate all of that here.
By the time I’m able to record and produce this segment, you’ll probably already have more up-to-date info on the virus and its overall impact in your area. So, being that this is Passionate DJ… this is the unique perspective we can offer on the subject.
- Coronavirus vs. festival season
- The sale of Pioneer DJ (and other Pioneer news)
- Software & streaming updates for DJs
- The Apollo Masters fire (and danger to the vinyl industry)
- Andy King (Fyre Festival) goes on tour
- Fuser (upcoming DJ video game)
- Air duct club attendee (lol)
There is also a rather large segment where we explore the new division of techno as defined by Beatport. Peak/Driving/Hard, vs. Raw/Deep/Hypnotic.
Stay safe, and keep on spinning!