Finally… the first Passionate DJ Podcast Interview!
Wow, I’m very excited to announce the release of episode 3 of the Podcast!
In this episode, I interview Jessica Fenner, also known as “Fortune”, of A.part Music in Milwaukee. Currently producing 2 weekly parties, both in their third year, one off larger scale events and a DJ collective, Apart believes in delivering music to the community by putting the spotlight on local artists, as well as bringing world class talent to Milwaukee. As a DJ, Fortune has had the privilege of warming up the decks for the likes of Audiojack, Colette, Derrick Carter, Catz & Dogz, JT Donaldson, Gaiser, Kaskade, KiNK, Johnny Fiasco, Justin Martin, Derrick May, Pezzner, Kid Sister and Green Velvet.
Jessica has been writing a compiled list of “small-time promoter tips”, and she is joining us on the podcast to share 30 of them with us! Because of all the great info that we discuss, I had to break it into two episodes. So, this episode covers the first 15 tips.
In this third episode, I talk about:
- Getting to know Jessica and A.part music
- Some unique approaches to building nights in limited markets
- What audiences want (how to know, and please, your market)
- The value of a mentor
- How “word of mouth” is greater than any promotional tool
- How to have a sense of security when planning and running your own event
- How to “bulletproof your soul” when it comes to promoting, and avoid those burnout moments
Items mentioned in this session include:
- Episode 2 of the Podcast (Buzz vs. Hype)
- The website for A.part music, http://www.apart-music.com
- A.part’s Twitter and Facebook page, and Fortune’s Twitter and Facebook page
Part two of this interview can be found right here.
Jessica has graciously allowed me to compile all 30 of these tips into one easy-to-read document. (Hint: this is a great way to get all 30 tips now instead of waiting for part 2!)
Download the PDF of Small Time Promoter Tips here!