Finding Your Sound, And Where To Look (Passionate DJ Podcast #007)
Welcome back, Agent, to episode 007 of the PDJ Podcast.
Episode 7 is a spiritual successor to a post I made a while back, titled “Having a “Sound” vs. Having a Genre“. In that post, I talked about the idea of generally disregarding genre labels, and trying to build an overall sound that reflects you as a DJ and as a person.
In this session, we will dig a little deeper into where you might be able to look to help find and define your sound, and make it all your own.
In episode 7, we discuss:
- How genre labels can create layers of abstraction
- What actually determines the overall “sound” of a song or set
- Why not everyone is interested in finding their own sound
- The six places you can look to help define your sound
- How this all applies to promotion
- What a signature sound really is
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- The Sound vs. Genre post that inspired this episode
- Signup link for BlueHost
- Themify and WordPress