Episode 9 – Now Includes YOUR Questions!
Hey folks! It’s been a while, but we’re back with episode 9 of the podcast… and I think it’s safe to say that it’s one of the best episodes yet! First, we start out with a Q&A session featuring YOUR questions!
After the Q&A and announcements, I have a conversation with my good buddy John Chapel… a local promoter/DJ in my home town. He’s been running a successful weekly electronic music night in our town for over four years, based on a local guest rotation. I wanted to get his insight on the struggles that come along with small town promotion.
As you’ll hear, John is loaded full of personality and really adds some spice to today’s episode. (I started loading him full of beer, which didn’t hurt.) It gets fairly humorous/ridiculous towards the end. I hope you guys enjoy!
In episode 9, John and I discuss:
- The purpose of a local guest-rotation type of night
- How much work goes into a weekly event
- Monetization considerations (collecting cover, etc.)
- How John’s night was able to succeed even after starting it in a scene “slump”
- The hurdles and failures John has run into over the years
- The role that collaboration plays in our town
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Submit YOUR question to be answered on the podcast!
As always, leave your comments below!