Episode 21 – How to Become a DJ!
Hi folks! It’s time for another edition of the Passionate DJ Podcast. Like our last episode, this one is a sort of “audio version” of an existing article… my most popular post to date, How to Become a DJ. If you don’t have time to sit and read, you can listen to this version on-the-go!
In episode 21, I go over the ten steps needed to get started on your journey as a DJ. This one is great for beginners, those who have been out of the game for a while, or just those DJs who like to go back and pick up anything they may have missed along the way.
This episode is all about:
- Learning what DJs do, and why different types exist.
- Helping you find your initial focus.
- How to start learning the basic skills (and what they are).
- Building your initial brand and following.
- Pursuing your first DJ gigs.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- How to Become a DJ: The Ultimate Guide
- Virtual DJ
- Traktor Pro Demo
- Best DJ Controllers: The Ultimate Guide
- Video explaining how phrasing works
- 5 Tips for DJ Happiness