Googling things can be such a fun rabbit hole, and David & the PDJ crew are doing it again in the second installment of “The Google Episode”!!!!
We take a bunch of random questions related to music and DJing, and run it through Google to see what happens!
Find out the answers to the following questions, and more, in Episode 126!
- Who was the highest paid DJ in 2017?
- What was the world's first drum machine?
- What is the origin of the “hip hop air horn”?
- What was the first digital DJ software?
- What was the first mp3 file?
- What was the first DJ mixer?
- How many remixes of the “Electric Slide” currently exist?
- What was the first fully produced “electronic music album”?
Also, if you are following the podcast via iTunes, please do us a solid and go leave us a review! It helps us with iTunes algorithms, and helps us know what you do and don't like!
Resources from this episode:
- Video clips of the Chamberlain Rhythmate and the Wurlitzer Sideman, early drum machines.
- Old press videos from the early 2000s about PCDJ software.
- Clips from the soundtrack to Forbidden Planet and The Fascinating World of Electronic Music (early electronic albums).